Get Into the Loop™ – Learn About Lupus Annual Education Series
Learn more about lupus from presentations at our past NYC Hospital Tours.
NYC Hospital Tour 2013
The S.L.E. Lupus Foundation's 2013 NYC Hospital Tour featured the latest lupus news. Here's an overview of 2013's presentations:
- Lupus and You: Signs, Symptoms, Medications and Outcomes with Onome Whiteru, MD
- Skin Care, Weight Control and Feeling Good with Lupus
- Lupus and the Effect of Medication
NYC Hospital Tour 2012
Experts shared the latest on lupus as the S.L.E. Lupus Foundation’s NYC Hospital Tour made its loop through every borough. If you weren’t able to join us in person, here are summaries of 2012’s presentations.
- Lupus and the Heart with Maryann Lee, MD
- Lupus and Muscles and Joints with Stuart Green, MD
- Lupus and the Kidneys with Julie Schwartzman-Morris, MD & Anjali Acharya
- What Is Lupus and How Does It Affect the Body with Laura Geraldino-Pardilla, MD & Robert Winchester, MD
- Advances in the Treatment of Lupus and Clinical Research Opportunities for Patients with Lupus with Richard Furie, MD & with Laura Donohue, CCRC
NYC Hospital Tour 2011
Our annual patient education tour rounded the boroughs
In 2011, our annual patient education series once again made all the stops throughout New York City’s boroughs reaching New Yorkers with lupus. Attendees were treated to dinner and talks on the effects of lupus on the skin, lungs, brain and stomach as well as the disease specifically in children. If you weren’t among the audience, read up on these topics below.
- Lupus and the Skin at NYU Langone Medical Center in Manhattan
- Lupus and the Lungs at Staten Island University Hospital in Staten Island
- Lupus and the Mind at New York Methodist Hospital in Brooklyn
- Lupus and GI Issues at Jamaica Hospital Medical Center in Queens
- Lupus and Children at Montefiore Hospital in the Bronx
Thinking about joining us this year? See this video from previous years that captures the energy, camaraderie, and learning during the NYC Hospital Tour!