Lupus Awareness Month is Nearly Over.
But You Still Have Power to Spread the Word.
Make a run for it….apply for a spot on Team Life Without Lupus
in the 2009 ING NYC Marathon!
Now’s your chance to get a guaranteed spot in this year’s world-famous New York City marathon on November 1st—and also raise desperately needed research funds for the fight against lupus.
Not a runner? Alert your friends! Maybe they’ll be up for it, or know someone who is.
Perks for Team Life Without Lupus runners include: personalized instruction from an expert runner; weekly team training runs; free performance gear; team kickoff and victory celebrations; and the satisfaction knowing that you’re training for a purpose—research dollars to end a disease that stops so many young people in their tracks…
(Deadline to apply is July 1st)
Dig your toes in the sand at the Foundation’s Summertime Kick-Off Party at Water Taxi Beach
on Thursday June 25th
Come yourself and invite all of your friends!
The place: Water Taxi Beach in Long Island City, Queens
The time: 7 to 10 pm
The why: Have a beer and hot dogs—unlimited supply!—and listen to music, network, have fun in the sand for just a $10 donation. Every dollar goes to lupus research and support services.
Last summer, more than 100 people came out. We’re hoping for twice that many this year!
RSVP on Facebook
Send along these key tips and strategies from our latest issue of The Cooperative Corner.
Your doctor would be proud!
It’s the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services’ Office on Women’s Health and the Ad Council’s powerful lupus awareness campaign, and its message is spreading.
Jump on, read real women's lupus stories, share your own, print out awareness posters and download ads to feature on your blog!
Swing by the Rock—But be quick!
It’s your last week to check out our Lupus Awareness window at Rockefeller Center.
Come on the morning of June 1st and we might catch you on video to ask what you think of it all before we take it down.
Tools to keep the conversation on lupus awareness going throughout the year:
- Aim to give out 5 “Live Without Lupus” wristbands every week. Order here.
- Tell friends, coworkers, and all your doctors and nurses and pharmacists about our Foundation. You’d be surprised how many might not know that there’s a great lupus resource right here in New York City!
- Keep updating your Facebook, MySpace and Twitter profiles with lupus news and events.
- Mark your datebook now for activities this Fall:
- November 1st, stand with us and rally on our Team Life Without Lupus runners in the 2009 ING New York City Marathon!
- Make some stops on our info-packed New York City Hospital Tour! Coming to every borough.
Looking Good, Feeling Good, and Beating the Lupus Body Blues
More than 100 New Yorkers came out for our 2nd Living Life Healthy with Lupus Day at Manhattan’s Hospital for Special Surgery on May 23rd.
Check out the scene as folks got
- complimentary makeovers
- so much more!
See some very happy faces…