There are a number of ways you can get involved—and make a difference—in lupus research.
- Distribute educational materials in your neighborhood or city. Try doctor’s offices (adult and pediatric), hospital waiting rooms, and so on. Let us know and we’ll get you the materials. Contact us at 646.884.6000 or email email@example.com.
- Join your local lupus organization and offer to volunteer, whether it be organizing a local event or spreading the news about the LRI National Coalition, the nation-wide network of groups supportive of lupus research. The coalition promotes public awareness of the seriousness of lupus in various ways. More
- Become a patient advocate. Speak up and out! For ideas, see our advocacy section.
- Run (Bike, Walk, or Swim) for the Cure! Raise funds for lupus research by encouraging friends and family to sponsor you in an athletic event. More
- Have a Happening. Raise funds and lupus awareness—and get people together—at an event you plan in your community. Contact us at 646.884.6000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Consider participating in a lupus clinical trial. Visit LupusTrials.org to learn more about clinical research and to find trials that might be right for you.