The Lupus Cooperative of New York (LCNY)
The Lupus Cooperative of New York (LCNY) is a collaborative program consisting of an integrated network of health and supportive services to improve the quality of life for people with lupus and their families in underserved New York City communities.The LCNY, with centers in Brooklyn and the Bronx, has made significant progress:
- In collaboration with Community Task Forces and Professional Advisory Committees, the program has established an integrated referral network of existing professional and community-based organizations to inform, coordinate, and improve the delivery of care for inner-city women with lupus.
- Reached out to more than 30,000 people and provided direct services to over 3,000 people.
- In partnership with the New York Academy of Medicine, sponsored annual lupus professional education conferences for physicians, nurses, and allied health professionals serving inner-city communities.
Improving Care for People with Lupus: Services in Brooklyn, Manhattan, and the Bronx
Education and Information
- Free brochures on lupus
- Free education and wellness programs
- Support groups in English and Spanish for people with lupus and their families
- Short-term counseling
- Help in locating physicians, health and social service agencies
- Assistance with housing, financial, educational and interpersonal issues for people with lupus
- Presentations at schools, hospitals, and community organizations
- Participation in health fairs and other community events
- Distribution of brochures and materials
- Summer camp program
Call our LCNY Centers:
Please call first to schedule an appointment. Staff are often working in the community and are not always at the office. Call ahead before visiting the office to ensure someone will be there.
9 Hanover Place
Brooklyn, NY 11201
1070 Southern Boulevard, 1st Floor
Bronx, NY 10459
330 Seventh Avenue
New York, NY 10001